Monday, January 11, 2010

Inspiration

I watched a dvd by Andy Andrews this evening called "Seven Decisions". It was recorded in 2005, but the principles he shares are timeless. You know, we're all making decisions constantly in our everyday lives, even if it's the decision not to decide yet. : )


Here we are, a third of the way through January and I'm still deciding on my New Year's Resolutions. It seems to me that the majority of folks don't bother with resolutions anymore, or maybe it just happened to be the people I asked. The usual response was that their resolutions are soon forgotten or broken, so what's the point. I understand that reasoning, but I don't agree with it. I know I'm not perfect - FAR from it, and I think taking a good, hard look at how I can improve is worthwhile. I think the greatest benefit of a New Year's Resolution is not the resolution itself as much as the process itself. So, by my next post, I intend to have at least a couple of well thought out, purposeful, character building resolutions. Maybe I should address procrastination, after all, it is the 11th day of the new year! Sigh... : )

2 comments:

  1. Love your postings! I need to check out the "Seven Decisions" DVD. Love you, Mother

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is going to do a mighty work through this. In you and in others.

    love you so much.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete